Most companies understand that customer satisfaction is key to long-term sustainability and growth. But delighting customers in today’s digital era requires you to constantly seek their feedback and learn how you can further enhance the experiences they have across channels and touchpoints. Read on as we discuss how you can build customer relationships across channels.
The Growth of Omnichannel Communication
Offering a compelling omnichannel experience was once a competitive differentiator for brands. Today, it has become a mandate for survival. The main driver for this has been the sudden and widespread growth of the e-commerce industry, with the global market expected to total $5.55 trillion in 2022.
As more and more customers across the world use a variety of channels, such as websites and mobile apps (even brick-and-mortar stores and shops), they expect brands to offer seamless communication experiences across each of these channels.
Successful omnichannel communication requires organizations to map individual customer journeys by determining the channels they use, the touchpoints they engage with and the experiences they encounter. And then, they need to create a seamless experience that allows customers to flow from one channel to another seamlessly. But this entails redefining the way brands communicate with their customers.
The Challenges of Building Sustained and Consistent Customer Relationships
Although omnichannel communication is a critical component of business success, the challenges of building sustained and consistent customer relationships are many:
- Getting a single view of customers: As businesses get increasingly global, customers are spread across different regions and territories. This causes a big challenge for organizations as they cannot get a single view of customers across different locations and channels – mainly because different teams use different systems and approaches for customer communication.
- Quickly responding to customer requests: Today’s customers expect organizations to respond to their requests/demands in real-time and resolve their issues within a few hours. But with customers using different devices and channels, ensuring each customer is attended to via a channel and in a language they’re most comfortable with isn’t easy.
- Integrating interaction data from different sources: Combining different interaction channels and converting them to one holistic customer journey requires combining data from diverse sources. More often than not, the data formats are as varied as the number of channels and stored in siloed systems that poorly integrate with other systems.
- Delivering seamless journeys: Offering an omnichannel customer experience that seamlessly weaves through different interaction channels is another hurdle that organizations have to cross to boost customer response rates. Brands must be available across different devices and platforms to ensure the different touchpoints are connected, so customers can advance through the entire customer journey without interruptions, dropping off or picking up from anywhere, at any time, and on any device.
How an Intelligent Omnichannel Solution Can Change That
An intelligent omnichannel solution can help organizations understand customer needs and take steps to improve customer experience. Investing in such a solution can allow companies to reduce the cost-to-service, limit churn, and increase customer value.
Using comprehensive analytics, a modern platform can collect insights that matter the most in the customer journey and empower organizations to act on these insights and improve the products, services, and experiences they offer customers. Here’s how:
- Reach customers across channels: An intelligent omnichannel solution can measure customer experience across channels, including website, POS, email, mobile app, and more. It can pick up conversations from one channel and continue them across others, delivering a seamless omnichannel experience to customers across various touchpoints.
- Get in-depth actionable insights: Using an advanced solution, enterprises can unearth actionable insights and capture real-time customer emotions. Modern and intuitive dashboards can provide necessary insights into customer concerns and needs while presenting ideas and suggestions to improve customer experience.
- Respond in real-time: A modern solution can enable enterprises to respond to customers in real-time. The minute a customer interacts at a touchpoint, they can converse with them in their preferred language to boost satisfaction and response rate. Since a modern solution uses an interactive conversational UI, companies can reduce drop-offs and maintain their CSAT scores.
- Measure customer feedback: Via Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT), and Customer Effort Score (CES), an intelligent omnichannel solution can aid in measuring customer satisfaction, evaluating the likelihood of customers recommending the brand, determining the level of customer service quality, and more.
- Resolve customer queries quickly: A unified communication solution can help categorize, assign and track issues and take them to closure. Via an integrated action module, enterprises can respond to customer queries instantly and resolve them with the expected speed and quality.
Organizations need to provide seamless and consistent experiences across all communication channels to convert customers into die-hard brand advocates. So, it’s only natural to invest in an intelligent omnichannel solution to reach customers across channels, get in-depth, actionable insights, respond to them in real time, and measure customer feedback to improve their overall experience. Let us show you how telecom brands around the world have enabled new opportunities by tapping the omnichannel needs of their customers and users.